Risky Business

Today I got the usual 4 week phone call. It usually is a week ahead of schedule but they are backed up, and I know my routine anyway, as I am due for the shot tomorrow.

We went through the usual-How are you? Any side effects? Any flare ups? I told her of my latest flare ups and issues with dehydration, my ongoing frustration at the reality that this is my reality and maybe I should take a break from Xolair just to see how it goes, cause really I could just take more antihistamine.....

Which is why they pay someone money to call me and check in before I make my usual shot. To shoot me back down to reality and to assure the shot is working. She reminded me the other risk, other than a higher risk of cancer when I am older, is that once I go off the shot, I might not ever be able to go back on it. As it is a protein, an antibody itself (which is what has been attacking me, confused yet? I know). So there is a risk that I could have a flare up because of the shot already, but if I were to go off it completely and try to go again it will most likely attack my immune system. So, no go on trying without it.

So my new goal is to write down my flare ups, big and small in my planner so I can maybe start seeing a pattern. Yes, I know my occasional glass of wine or beer doesn't help the flares. But its been bad enough not drinking like I used to. GOD I MISS DRINKING. Mark my words, the DAY I find out this disease is gone I'm gonna get LIT. You are invited.

-B


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

try try again!

Dr appts